CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover crashes everytime

Hi,

I bought crossover via a paddle.com bundle but I can't get it to work. It crashes everytime I try open the application. I reinstalled it twice with no changes. Here's a quick video. You can see how crossover closes automatically all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93uGg_1r0sU

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Helpful information can include the version of CrossOver you are running, the version of the Mac OS you have, and whether you see any messages in your Console log ( /Applications/Utilities/Console.app ) at the time you try and fail to launch CrossOver.

It is possible that your problem can be diagnosed here on the forums, but we also have a support ticket system to help resolve such issues. Support ticket staff are generally only available during US business hours during the weekday, but I have forwarded your query to our support ticket system, which should automatically open a ticket - that may help in case your problem isn't solved on the forum alone.

Regards,

Josh.

Might be an old copy of Crossover Mac. Grab the latest at http://media.codeweavers.com/pub/crossover/cxmac/demo/crossover-13.1.0.zip and try that instead.

I have version 12.2.1 which has worked wonderfully until I upgraded my OS to Mavericks. Crossover will open fine but when I try to open a program then it goes through the shutdown sequence and crashes. I use the program for a couple of bible programs and I really hate having to buy a new upgrade everytime some other upgrade, like the OS, is done. Please advise..

Well There's your problem Mavericks requires crossover 12.5 and up currently 13.1 is the newest version you should be good with that one.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTU5HYThSWkZCcnprZ0xhdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9