CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Yosemite PB2 crossover and Steam video/picture errors

Hi,

wonder if anyone else if having the same problem, this is the first time I've used crossover and steam and wonder where the fault is? I'm running PB2 version of OS X 10.10 PB2 on a Mac Pro 5.1 3.46Ghz 12 core with a GTX 770 (PC version) with 12GB of ram and all seems to install ok and sort of runs ok but video playback does not work and pictures do not load correctly if at all:

is it the OS and crossover having a glitch or steam or what? seen others not have a problem so bit frustrating

EDIT

just installed crossover and steam on another drive running 10.9.4 mavericks (same machine) and still same issue, i have enabled web drivers for the nvidia GTX 770 incase that was the issue.

not sure what the issue is as I've now tried in both OS's and the last thing i can think to do is install my old GT120 as the GTX is a PC card (non EFI and throws up errors on system report)

It's a new bug in the latest update of Steam. We're working on fixing it and should have it good to go in the next update of Crossover.

I also had the same problem a few days ago
However after I restart the computer, the problem is to get repaired.
I don't like shooting games,because it is bad for our eyes. If I have some time,I always scan some books.
Except that,I often play free mmorpg. It's very interesting.

I have been experiencing similar problems under Yosemite PB2, with Steam page/image/video rendering, that were not solved by restarting Steam or rebooting my mac.
Things work pretty well apart from that, and I have not experienced any new, specific issue.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHZMOWVQRVRxOUtOd2RCZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9