CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II

Hello,

Just wanted to pass this on. The latest version of Dawn of War II on Steam has had Games for Windows Live stripped out of it -- and that appears to have been what has stopped it working previously on Crossover. I owned it via Steam on Bootcamp, and decided to give it a chance download into Crossover, and have got it working. I've played as far as the end of the first mission, and apart from some clunky loading times, all seems well...

This is with the latest version of Crossover and the latest version of DoW2 via Steam... Your mileage may vary, but if you have access to a copy, it may be worth a whirl. I suspect that disk-based editions however would have the same problem as before...

Good luck and protect the Emperor!

You should post this on the game specific forum also, and add your rating. That way when people check the game page they can see. Thanks for the info!

Thanks Ian -- have done so!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieVFjcWc2cnVtTkNaOUFSQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9