CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Final Fantasy XIII

Heyhey,

First:
I have a MacBook Pro Retina (late 2014)
i7 2,5 ghz, 16 gb ram, Geforce GT750M 2gb

And I tried to install Final Fantasy XIII on Steam with Crossover(loaded from the official page newest version), loaded the pain in the ass amount of 50 GB game files.
After I click on Play the Launcher starts.
No way to change the option to full screen. It says it can't choose fullscreen mode, because my system doesn't run in 1280x720.
okay fine, just try to start it windowed.
Now the main problem:
"A fatal system error occurred. (2) It wasn't possible to save enough video memory for the start." (my version is german, so I translated it)

Anyhow when I look at the preferences the game needs everything should work fine, as well as for the video memory.
Furthermore it starts every time i try it the first time installation for frameworks which seems to finish ( or abort?) after 1 second. Sometimes nothing happens, something the launcher starts (also tried to open FF13 via finder, same issues)

Has anyone an idea? Would be awesome.
thanks thanks thanks
/Paul

allright..
Deinstalled 14.0 and tried it with 13.2 - worked.
Game startet, intro looked really nice beside the windowed mode and some minor lags ..
anyhow when the ingame started it crashed (also had really heavy graphic issues..)
so it seems like Crossover isn't working with FF XIII on steam.

if there's any way to fix these issues I would love to know that..
otherwise it seems like I need to use bootcamp which I wanted to avoid.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVjYydXN6Q25tekN6ZVRMYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9