CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

cross over and wacom

Hi...

I plan to may be use cross over to use some graphical application windows on mac. But I need to use a wacom device. I test quickly, and the app run perfectly, but I cannot use the pressure of the wacom device. Is there a way to use the pressure sentitive on the win app?

Thanks

I did a little reasearch, and what I understand is that it depends on the software you intend to use. So the only answer I can give you is that some pressure sensitive software is supported. I have a cheap Wacom on my Linux box, but I don't need / have anything else than gimp, so I can't really test on Crossover. Does your software have a demo?

Anywaym, I would ask the question at info@codeweavers.com, naming the specific software and tablet you intend to use. The staff might know if it is possible to get pressure sensitivity working for your precise setup.

Thanks for your quick answer!

Yes, the software I use is TVpaint. You can have a demo there :http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/article/home/
I use osx 10.9.5

It seems that in the software you can use wintab, or not... both are nor working. Beside that, everything seems to work... (just tried for 15mn so far)

thx a lot :)

Well, I'll try things out later today on my end, see if I can find a way to make things work. If so, we might be able to reproduce things on Mac.

Out of curiosity, I went to the site and it seems to have a both a Mac and Windows version. Any reason why you want to use the Windows version? If it's the licence, maybe they could transfert it to a Mac edition?

Hi... thx to care about it!
Actually I need for that only the demo on mac for educative reason. I give animation lesson to kids but the mac release of the demo doesnt work at all as expected, the win release yes. Expect that the pressure is off.
If this can be fix, if it's not a big deal, could be awesome :)

Actually another programm would be awsome to be able to make pressure sensitive ready is pap : http://animationpaper.com/old-pap-free-download/
it s different than TV paint, a little bit old but still acurate for animators !

is it hard work for you? :)

As of now, I haven't got the pressure sensitivity to work either. I'm not quite sure what would help. I was thinking maybe some registry hacks to make sure the wacom tablet is know as what it is, but I wouldn't know what exactly to put in. I could probably use a win7 vm to see what changes are made, if any, and reproduce those keys but it takes time to scour the registry and all that for a result that is far from certain. So at this time, with the time I have free being rather restricted by other projects, I don't think I can fix this right now, if at all.

too bad :/ But of course I understand it s complicated...
As for PAP, this is a program that I would love to use on mac, but doesnt exist.. If you get the time at some point should be amazing..

I was wondering if the pressure is getting from the mac side or the pc side when you run cross over?
Just to know, is there no way to use some driver for PC with crossOver/wine for the wacom?

Pressure would be through the Mac (or in my case Linux) driver. And no, you can't use windows drivers as a general rule. Crossover (and the underlying Wine) was created to run software, but drivers are a different beast. The interactions of a driver is with the OS, an Windows is nowhere to be found with Crossover in use. Therefore a Windows driver just doesn't have what it needs.

At this time, if you have a Windows licence around, your best bet is with Virtualbox or Paralleles...

Thanks for your answer. Ok I understand more...

That s true that for TVpaint it s tricky since the license on OSX exist and I think it will just be matter of time to fix this. For PAP the license doesnt exist on win and never will be.

Would be a dream if it s supported by cross over :)

Thanks anyway :)

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiODc5eEF2elVMSEpnTTRyeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9