CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

USB port not recognized?

I've installed the NAZA-M Assistant Software v2.02 from DJI (for the Phantom multirotor calibration assistant) http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/phantom/downloads/

The software is running okay in Crossover Mac, but doesn't recognize the Phantom when plugged into the USB port.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Jeff

Sorry, there's no USB support in CrossOver.

You may be able to get it to work with some tricks if it is a pure usb-to-serial device which is recognized by the OSX / Linux drivers. To do so, you have to create a link named "com1:", "com2:" etc in the dosdevices directory of the bottle to the tty device node in /dev.

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/usbtoserial has more detail too. It's all unsupported stuff and might work, might not do anything.

Hi,

The DJI Phantom is seen by the Mac OSX in System Information. I tried the steps from the FAQ, but did not seems to do anything. NOt even sure how could i check if the com1,com2,etc ports are correctly created.

One question though, when issuing the command: ln -s your-physical-device com1

,should com1 contain : at the end? meaning ln -s your-physical-device com1:

Regards,
Simion

Simion Ursache wrote:

,should com1 contain : at the end? meaning ln -s
your-physical-device com1:

Afaik yes.

hi there,

i am thinking about the purchasing of the program. But i cant get the USB to serial device to work. I am confused with above mentioned string and the FAQ.

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/CrossOver/Bottles/your-bottle-name-here/dosdevices

this string does not work in my case . Is it possible that the location is different on OSX 10.8.5?

thx for your help

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWmJITXNzWDRTWmdGUzh4cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9