CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New Version Breaks RIFT !!!!!

Graphics in Rift are now hosed with the new version of Crossover. (12.5).
Either Fix immediately or tell me how to revert!

Yup, there are some serious glitch with the graphic... the only solution at the moment is (as stated here: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=8390;forum=1;msg=144932 ) to add this registry key in the bottle

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\StrictDrawOrdering

and set it as enabled

This fix the flickering issue but also reduce the game performance a lot. Just to give you an idea I am playing on a 27'' 2013 iMac with 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 16G RAM, fusion drive and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB and the max I can get is 14fps (unless I use the ultra low graphical settings, then I get up to 20fps.)

Ok, I got an answer from the support

Our developers are working on fixing this issue with Rift under Crossover Mac 12.5 right now
[...]
In the meantime the workaround is to downgrade to Crossover 12.2.2. at http://www.codeweavers.com/account/downloads/?_dl=archive Just replace the Crossover app icon on your machine with the older version you download and you'll be downgraded.

I can confirm this workaround works... you have to remove the Direct3D\StrictDrawOrdering entry in the registry (in case you added it) and enable the experimental drivers in the bottle advanced config.

This way I get a decent fps and no graphical artifacts/glitch

Hi,
I downgraded to 12.2.2 and all went worse, I couldn't play anymore. I could not move forward, not riding, nor walking, though my arms moved and I could turn round. The log out screen looked funny also. So I went back to the most recent version with a not convincing rendering, a screen freeze every few minutes and a tall shadow of myself to the left... but it runs.

Hi Cataldo
I am having the same AWFUL graphic glitches in RIFT. How long do you think it will be before CO 12.5 and RIFT are compatible? I looked at what you suggested (downgrading the version and changing permissions etc) but I am not very technical and I am sure I will mess that up. I will try if it looks like we will have to wait a long time - else I will be patient and hope the developers get a move on - what would you advise? Playing the game is solo frustrating...
Thanks...

This should work in the soon to be released CrossOver 13.

Suffering from terrible graphic issues since upgrade too! Reverting to 12.2 only made things worse. Praying a solution comes soon, haven't been able to play RIFT in weeks!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUFJ2ZUtQYzhMUE11R2ZjUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9