CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Visual Studio application & .NET 4.0 & crossover

I hope some-one can help me. I have an application created in Visual Studio 2010 C++. Visual Studio 2010 needs the .NET framework which I installed according to these instructions on your website: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=5917
The installation went very smooth and it installed .NET Framework v2.0 and 4.0.

I have the Visual Studio application executable on my desktop. After starting crossover, I click on> Programs>Run Command>Use Bottle Microsft .NET Framework 4.0> Browse (find my desktop exe file) and Click the Run Button.

The app loads just find. However, it has to login to my webserver and it stops there. It says it's trying to login but it actually doesn't call out as Little Snitch doesn't show any activity at all. Here's the log file:

fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0
fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0
fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:module:GetModuleHandleExW should pin refcount for 0x79000000
fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x33fc54): stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Accessibility"
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetFamilyName No support for handling of multiple languages!
fixme:gdiplus:GdipCreateHalftonePalette stub
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c9098, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c9308, 0x33ec94): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1b8b38, 0x33ec94): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1b1568, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1b1568, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:create_gdi_logbrush unhandled brush type 2
fixme:gdiplus:get_gdi_brush_color unhandled brush type 2
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1b1568, 0x33ec94): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c6000, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c60c0, 0x33ebac): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c6000, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c6000, 0x33ebac): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1b1390, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1b1390, 0x33ec94): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c5830, 0x33ec94): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c5830, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c5830, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c5830, 0x33ec94): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1b8460, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c99c0, 0x33ebac): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1c99c0, 0x33ebb8): Passing color unmodified
fixme:gdiplus:GdipGetNearestColor (0x1bddf0, 0x33e68c): Passing color unmodified
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"LibCurlNet"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am having a similar prob but I noticed that you are having GDI+ errors. That will cut down on your log file and possibly make your app run faster.
It might also reveal some underlying problems that the GDI+ errors are covering.

to fix them just install Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSEczWWNaZHBwd2ZwWUN4ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9