CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Mac 12.5 + Office 2010

Hello all,
I recently purchased crossover for Mac primarily for using my office licenses on my new MBP. However, I'm having a fairly significant delay between pressing keys and it appearing on the screen. I am typically already typing the next word before the previous words finishes up due to the delay. It isn't a "breaking issue" but I wanted to see if there is something I am doing incorrectly or something that can be improved upon.

I am using OSX Version 10.8.5 on a 13" retina MBP. Specs are 2.6 GHZ i5, 8 GB RAM, and 256 GB SSD. I have checked system monitor when running and typing and still see over 75% idle on processor and 3-4 GB RAM free when these episodes of slow down are occurring. I did upgrade my bottle to SP1 today to see if that would improve it at all and didn't see a big change.

Any info anyone can provide would be appreciated. Have a great day.

Try turning off the new X-window interface and revert back to legacy x-windows. Seems the new window interface is buggy.

Configure -> Manage Bottles -> Bottle (i.e. Office) -> Advanced -> Use Legacy X Windows System

See if that helps.

Oh my god that worked perfectly! Thank you so much for the quick reply. It works better than I had dreamed it would. Have a great day!

This resolved my issue

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM0tBcE5McXNoN1FZcHFjWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9