CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Winrar cannot be installed with 12.51

I installed an unsupported (community supported) application (WinRAR 4.2) successfully with CrossOver Mac 12.21.
I needed to reinstall my mac because of a harddisk failure. With Crossover Mac 12.51 however the WinRAR installer hangs and never completes. Reverting to 12.21 for the installation creates a WinRAR-bottle which then also works with 12.51.
The same problem can also be observed with other program installers.
How can this installation problem with 12.51 be avoided?

You say you see the same behavior with other program installers. What other installers give you this error?

If you have having broad trouble, it may be due to the presence of something called an Input Manager on your machine. Input Managers are likely to cause problems with CrossOver 12.5 and greater, but not often have an impact on 12.2 and earlier. If you open a support ticket and tell them you think you may have a problem with an Input Manager and need instructions on how to get a log file which will pinpoint the problem, our tech support ninjas will be able to help you.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV1FhNUVMQU10N2cyOXFBdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9