CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Exe is not an installer, just the application

1) I have one exe file, and it is the application itself. It runs on JRE and does not need to be installed.
How can I create a bottle for such an exe (for a mac)?
CO seems to expect an installer file..

2) What to do with the JRE environment?

Create a bottle and install Jave then copy your .exe file into the bottles program file folder. Open crossover click manage bottle if 12.2 or older crossover in 12.5 or newer click tools and then run and use browse button to find the .exe file. Make sure the correct bottle is selected click open. Click the launcher button to make a short cut and click RUN

Thank you, but it didn't work yet.

I created a bottle with the JRE 1.6 exe file. That seems to be working. I copied the application exe (smartpls.exe) in the program file folder of the jre bottle..
From there on I must be doing someting wrong. I go to crossover - manage bottle - i choose the jre bottle- then I click on the "open c-drive button"
I am referred to finder, there I click on smartpls.exe, then I get the message "Unable to access jarfile startup.jar"
(But the jre bottle did't give an error)

OK after you click on (manage bottles) click the (jre bottle) to high light it then click on the (Run Command) button a dialog box will open from there click on the (browse) button and browse to where you put the .exe file. Click on it then click on the (Open) button. The EXE will now be in the (Run) dialog box then click (Run) I have no way of knowing if your app will run but that is the way to run a none installable app. Good Luck

Thank you Gary.
I discovered the Run command meanwhile but no luck whatsoever.
I'll work with parallels and win XP.

Just a note dose your app need to connect to the internet if so you might try adding IE7 to the bottle from the supported apps in crossover as the built in IE probably will not work with java.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVUFIcEJkSjhSdmNCYmJxTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9