CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Network shares not available in windows apps

Hi,

I'm unable to view Windows network mapped shares in a Windows app (Enterprise Architect).
The share is visible in Mac OS X and visible in Finder, but not in the Windows app.
Is there a way to make the mapped share available to the app?

I'm using CrossOver v13.1.2.

marko

The same problem can happen with a USB thumbdrive, where Crossover just doesn't add it as an available drive.

In that case you can use winecfg, which you can find in the control panel of the bottle manager. In winecfg, you will see a "drives" tab, where you can add a drive. After, you modify that added drive so the path points to the mounting point for the windows share (or usb thumbdrive). Being a Linux geek, I have no idea where Macs mount their windows shares, so you'll have to figure that out for yourself.

I would just add that the root directory ( known as "/") should be the start point to navigate to a mounted drive of any kind, should you know where it is. The benefit of what I wrote above is that you have essentially a "shortcut" to a share or thumbdrive for quicker access.

You can also change to the Z: drive which is automatically mapped to the root of your hard drive, and from there go into /Volumes/(network drive) and navigate to the file you want to open.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVXhVdFYyVXBQWDlHTXIzTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9