CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Certain websites won't load?

I absolutely love this app and ready to pull the trigger because of Quicken support and a few other legacy apps. So far, loving it, but I noticed quicken refuses to download transactions from just one of my banks.

I opened up wine explorer and noticed for whatever reason the site never loads. ALL other sites work fine, but it will not load http://bankofthewest.com

Am I missing something? Is it a cert? Can anyone else try in case it's just me?

Is there a way to debug?

Hi Aleksey
I think the issue is that CrossOver explorer is incomplete. You can install IE8 or Firefox from the community supported apps make sure to install it into the same bottle.

The problem is for some reason quicken cannot reach that site either. So Quicken uses IE components to connect? Or perhaps network components? Any ideas and help would be extremely appreciated.

Is there anyway to test what the actual error is? Perhaps telnet?

I'm hoping you're being funny about telnet, which shouldn't be used under most circumstance being deeply insecure, and has nothing to do with Crossover or the modern day internet.

What you could do is try to generate a debug log, and post it somwhere, like on paste bin. It is possible that the debug log will contain some error that could help in finding the cause of the problem. If you post is here, please use code brackets, and try to eliminate what is obviously useless, so as to keep this thread light.

Actually, I wasn't kidding about telnet. I didn't mean actually log into the site, I just meant to see if it was some invalid HTTP response or header that causes IE to stall ( perhaps even a redirect loop), or if it was a straight-out connection error. Don't really care if either is secure, just testing the connection itself as the front page of the site doesn't even load (even a text file hosted by the site fails to load). Pinging the site resolves to the correct IP address, so I doubt that's the problem.

How do you get to debugging/logging. How would you see that for wine explorer (best one to use since it's the same one Quicken would use).

I'm going to see if I can install firefox and seeing if it somehow
loads the page. It won't help the Quicken issue, but at least I can analyze any differences in the headers (assuming that's the issue).

Again, I appreciate all yours responses. I absolutely love this piece of software and if we can get this figured out, I'll donate $100 to the project on top of buying a license.

I do not want to run parallels/fusion just for the sake of one program. Crossover is so lightweight, it's perfect. And I really doubt Intuit will ever get their stuff together soon or any competitors will have good simple features like cash forecasting (I've tried over 30 apps now, all fall short of such a simple thing).

I put a link, integrated in my text, to a page explaining the procedure for the debug log. That's what the blue text is for! But here it is again:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/submittechsupportlog

You know, now that I think of it, I'm almost certain that Codeweavers have already discussed this kind of problem with Quicken. Perhaps you should consider a support ticket. I'm not saying Gary and I can't help you, but if it happened that there was a ready made solution, no point waiting on us.

Quicken itself (not just Crossover, Windows too) has trouble getting data from some banks like Bank of the West. Fifth Third Bank is another one I recall having problems. Contact your bank and make sure your account is set to let Quicken access it and that you followed their steps to configure Quicken.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

Quicken itself (not just Crossover, Windows too) has trouble getting
data from some banks like Bank of the West. Fifth Third Bank is
another one I recall having problems. Contact your bank and make
sure your account is set to let Quicken access it and that you
followed their steps to configure Quicken.

Unfortunately, it works in windows, parallels and fusion. It's specific to crossover.

J-P Simard wrote:

I put a link, integrated in my text, to a page explaining the
procedure for the debug log. That's what the blue text is for! But
here it is again:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/submittechsupportlog

You know, now that I think of it, I'm almost certain that
Codeweavers have already discussed this kind of problem with
Quicken. Perhaps you should consider a support ticket. I'm not
saying Gary and I can't help you, but if it happened that there was
a ready made solution, no point waiting on us.

Had Gamma up to high and didn't see the blue link. I've looked through the debugging code and it looks like it's SSL related. Basically it cannot create the security context. I was wondering about this, in IE settings under wine, is there anyway to change the IE security settings. The little control bars are grayed out.

Attached is log. Any ideas?

log file

Tested this further. Pretty sure it has something to do with 256bit certs. Firefox seems to work on the site, but unfortunately, Quicken uses IE components to connect. IE8 also won't connect.

Hi Aleksey

I just thought of this if your bank requires IE to access it's site do they require IE9 or higher if so it would be a deal breaker. I have fond this to be true for many sites now XP is out of support.

Gabrielle D. Profenno wrote:

Hi Aleksey

I just thought of this if your bank requires IE to access it's site
do they require IE9 or higher if so it would be a deal breaker. I
have fond this to be true for many sites now XP is out of support.

I think so. In fact pretty sure. Used an old VM in Fusion (Win XP + IE8) and it would not load either. I think it's some new protocol that was introduced in IE9. Some weird encrypt thing. Sucks, but that's OK. I can use this for other things.

Thanks all for your comments and help!

1 to 12 of 12

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3ZuWjlMeXdxOHg2c3NzQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9