CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

RegASM.exe error - problem with a .dll file

not sure if anybody can help with this.

My program requires me to run a batch file to register some dll files.

//
@setlocal enableextensions
@cd /d "%~dp0"

regsvr32 CommonObjects.dll
regsvr32 Database.dll
regsvr32 DataIDHelper.dll
regsvr32 Dictionary.dll
regsvr32 ReportGenerator.dll
regsvr32 SPIAnnuitiesEngine.dll
regsvr32 SPIAnnuitiesQuote.dll
regsvr32 TermQuote.dll
regsvr32 TraditionalEngine.dll
regsvr32 UIAccessLibCOMWrapper.dll
regsvr32 UniversalLifeEngine.dll
regsvr32 UniversalLifeQuote.dll

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm .\eApp\AppVantageIntegrator.dll /codebase

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm RemotingLifeViewServer.dll

//

i got the and all the regsvr32, RegAsm.exe commands to run (I opened a command prompt and ran the commands, but with a "wine" in front, but when I run the program, it still says "The Comm libraries could not be initialiazed"

anybody have any advice on how to set the dlls so that the program can read them correctly?

Thanks!

I'd say try making those dll's native. Correct me if I'm wrong other advocates, but if they need to be registered they'll probably need to be native.

Tools>Manage Bottles>Click on the bottle the application is in>Control Panel>Wine Configuration

From there go to libraries, type the names of the dll's in the box and hit add. Do this for all of them and see if that helps you out. The menu names may be a little different, as I only use the linux version.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ3RzNTJ1M1VCZGg5RXViSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9