CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Download a Crosstie How ?

I know I can click on a Crosstie and it opens Crossover right at that moment, but I want to download the Crosstie
to use at a later date, how can I do this ?

Can I ask why? The Crosstie will still be available on the website for when you need.

If you tell the specific app/game I can get the crosstie for you.

Ian Pickert wrote:

Can I ask why? The Crosstie will still be available on the website
for when you need.

If you tell the specific app/game I can get the crosstie for you.

I would like to have them just incase this site ever shuts down, you never no, and if it did
I would not have the crossties to use.

Planescape Tormet at the moment.

Can you not let me know how I can download them ?

I'm a little confused as to your reasoning. If codeweavers.com was every shut down indefinitely, i have a feeling that the CrossOver program would be no longer supported, and also not functional because you have to log into the app in order to use it... and I dont think codeweavers will shut down anytime soon. Ill put the link up anyway, but just letting you know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfjmDpjTdMHYVVzR0dYUFF3LWc/edit?usp=sharing

Ian Pickert wrote:

I'm a little confused as to your reasoning. If codeweavers.com was
every shut down indefinitely, i have a feeling that the CrossOver
program would be no longer supported, and also not functional
because you have to log into the app in order to use it... and I
dont think codeweavers will shut down anytime soon. Ill put the link
up anyway, but just letting you know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfjmDpjTdMHYVVzR0dYUFF3LWc/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you, do not really see the need the know my reasons , please tell me how I can do it or is it a secret ?

I dont need to know your reasons, and im not trying to, Im just trying to explain why I dont think it makes sense.

In order to download the file you have to be an advocate, and then you have to advocate the application and then head into the crosstie editor and download it. I see that you are not an advocate currently, so you cant do that yet. You can read more about advocates here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/faq/advocate_overview/

CrossOver ships with a snapshot of our crosstie database as it existed at build time for a given version, and also keeps a local cache of the crossties any time they are updated from our site. So, in terms of loss of functionality if www.codeweavers.com ever disappears, at least that part is OK (there are probably some other tricky things, but you'll have the crossties).

If you want to download just a single one, you can generally do that by browsing to the app you want in our app database and looking at the url that the green 'Install 'foo' via CrossTie' will hit. On OS X, at least, that button will attempt to launch CrossOver to install the tie for you, but the url to the tie itself is visible. In your case, it is this:

http://www.codeweavers.com/bin/c4p/2492

My bad, I did not know that was possible.

Josh DuBois wrote:

CrossOver ships with a snapshot of our crosstie database as it
existed at build time for a given version, and also keeps a local
cache of the crossties any time they are updated from our site. So,
in terms of loss of functionality if www.codeweavers.com ever
disappears, at least that part is OK (there are probably some other
tricky things, but you'll have the crossties).

If you want to download just a single one, you can generally do that
by browsing to the app you want in our app database and looking at
the url that the green 'Install 'foo' via CrossTie' will hit. On OS
X, at least, that button will attempt to launch CrossOver to install
the tie for you, but the url to the tie itself is visible. In your
case, it is this:

http://www.codeweavers.com/bin/c4p/2492

So the list in the Crossover app of supported applications is all the crossties and any crossties that came at the time of my version of Crossover, so the Planescape Torment Crosstie came after my release of Crossover then ?

Sorry I did not notice the URL at the bottom of the Browser window, thanks for pointing that out, I never think of looking down there, not a natural place for your eyes to wonder to when looking at a browser window.

Chris Shaw wrote:

So the list in the Crossover app of supported applications is all
the crossties and any crossties that came at the time of my version
of Crossover, so the Planescape Torment Crosstie came after my
release of Crossover then ?

I don't understand your question: is Planescape Tournemant not showing up in your list of CrossTies?

It's not an application I'm really familiar with, but it looks like it has been in our database for quite a while. On both Linux and OS X CrossOver will update its list of Crossties if you allow it to. It both ships with a built-in list and updates the list from our database if you are connected to the internet and have given it permission. Once CrossOver updates its list of Crossties, those are cached locally and saved until the next update, so you shouldn't be in danger of losing them.

Planescape Tournemant is listed in the 'Community Supported Applications' section. Sometimes it is hard for people to see things inside there (some people don't click on the necessary UI widget to drop-down the list of apps in that section. The fact that some users appear to not know how to reveal those things is something we're working on, trying to make it more obvious). If you just don't see Planescape Tournemant in your list anywhere, I'm not sure why that is. If you have a very old version of CrossOver I guess it's possible that might be expected behavior, but as I say I'm not particularly familiar with its history.

Hope that helps.

well really - I've D/ld both ways:

• d/l & run + install foo.exe
  • d/l & save to disk & then click on *tie to install foo.exe

if the latter, then delete said *tie, after a sucessfull install of foo.exe

the main difference is:

• if you L/click to run
  • if you R/click to save

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1lnQktIZVpYSllmVHlNRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9