CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MFC42

From the log files I understand that the game I wanna play requires mfc42.dll. I know that it originally requires Adobe Shockwave Player, which I've managed to install using the full installer provided by Adobe.

This thread seems to mention that it's easily possible, but how is this done in newer versions of CrossOver?

Thanks in advance.

It is quite easy, Click install Windows Software -> Type in "Microsoft Visual 6.0 service pack 6" -> Install

Be sure to choose the correct bottle to install into.

There are two ways to set the dll file to native or built in. WineCfg and RedEdit

Wine Configuration can be found in the Control Panels folder of the CrossOver UI, double click it and click on the Libraries tab. Simply add it that way. If you want to specify MFC42's state you can add the exe file first. The default setting for this method is "native, built in"

RegEdit way, click on "Run Command" and type in regedit and hit enter. This will launch the windows registry editor. In the left column you'll see the root keys. Click on HKEY_Current_User -> Software -> Wine -> DLL Overrides

Right click on DLL Overrides and choose New and click on String Value. Type in MFC42 and hit enter. Then once it has saved, double click the string and it will allow you to edit it. The options are native, builtin builtin, native native builtin or disabled.

Hope it helps.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlRKbnJSa3d5c3N2UWZCSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9