CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Battle.net on M1 (no text in UI)

I have the new M1 MBA running 11.1. I installed Battle.net into a bottle, with the goal of seeing if Overwatch will run. Battle.net does install fine, but:

1. The UI is slow. Probably just a consequence of double JIT or something (since it's an Electron app IIRC) and all the layers involved. Not too worried about this.
  2. The main window has no text rendering at all. It's a little hard to determine what it's doing. Dialogs and menus do have text.

Is there anything I'm missing for the text?

Hi there,

A couple of questions:

1. Based on ratings, this game has not historically worked well on Intel Macs. Have you seen it work well on Intel before?

2. We have a separate crosstie specifically for Overwatch. Does installing with that tie fare any better?

Thanks,
Meredith

The only other Mac I own is a 2013 MBA11. I can try it, but it'll probably chug there.

I haven't tried the other bottle type yet. Is it easy to convert/copy from another bottle, or do I need to reinstall in it?

I'm not too disappointed that it doesn't run (well), I was just curious about if anything had changed recently (and if it'd run at all! this system is impressive performance wise, but I'm definitely familiar with Wine limitations from using Linux for years). I've got plenty of other things to try on it.

It would require a new install - select "Overwatch" as the application to install in CrossOver.

I see that our crosstie installs DXVK, which isn't needed on macOS. Once you get to the "Install and Finish" screen in the installation process, you can click "Edit Install Options" in the bottom left corner of the screen and then click the "-" next to DXVK to remove it from the list of applications to install.

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't work either on Mac, but fingers crossed!

Meredith

Huh, I had enabled DXVK on bottles when I saw it was an option, because it improves the experience significantly on Linux. In the bnet bottle, Overwatch starts and then hangs at the menu with DXVK on, and crashes immediately after opening the window with it off. I'll try with the dedicated Overwatch bottle soon.

Hey, did you fix the Problem?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRWFtQUZXSGR5RlhBSmNnWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9