CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

cd audio

Yep-new year, new thread
I've enjoying playing with Crossover Mac. However, I'm wondering if it supports CD audio. I haven't found any way in the Wine
control panel to enable CD audio, so I'm guessing "no" for right now....

thanks

John B

I'm not really sure what you're going for here, but "support" for audio CD should be right there in your Mac. Your OS is what is responsible for mounting a disk and making it available. Unless there's something really funny about Macs I was never told! 😕

If you really need a windows app to access an audio cd, it should just work after putting the cd in the drive, and at worst not require more than a few easy tricks to get things going.

I have same question.
How to run games which stores music in cd audio format (ex. Civilization II, Heroes of might and Magic II or Age of Empires). In Os X disk with that kind of game is mounted as a two separate disks: data and cd audio. Crossover recognizes data part but not cd audio. In a result when I'm running game there is no music. Maybe there is a way to "reunite" separated parts in crossover and enjoy music when playing favorite games?

sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Marcin Koc

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUUJMQktoUmVoYjl0MjJ1RyIsImdkcHIiOjB9