CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Version release

Hi I am wanting to purchase crossover as I've been very pleased overall with the 12.0.0 trial. :D I just want to know how it works, do you only get to use crossover for the amount of months you purchase or do you own it permanently and only get support for the amount of months you purchase? And when will the 2013 release be? How much is an upgrade on it's own?

Unlike many software out there, with Crossover, you don't buy a specific version.

First, you buy a licence which come with support and updates/upgrades for a specified time. During that time, you will have access to all updates or upgrades, even if it is a version jump, from say 12 to 13.

Second, should you choose not to renew your licence, you keep the right to access the latest version you had at expiration. Of course, should Apple change something big which kills the version you have (as they sometime do), that means you have to buy again.

Third, renewals are cheaper than the original pruchase, but since that could change eventually, I'll let you look it up when you'll renew.

As a custormer (and advocate), I also wish to underline that Codeweavers is NOT like other companies out there. They have a strong tendency to amiable resolutions to any problem you have. I find the licence to also be one of the fairest out there, and you can read it here.

Jeremy wrote:

Hi I am wanting to purchase crossover as I've been very pleased
overall with the 12.0.0 trial. :D I just want to know how it works,
do you only get to use crossover for the amount of months you
purchase or do you own it permanently and only get support for the
amount of months you purchase? And when will the 2013 release be?
How much is an upgrade on it's own?

Also, just to be absolutely clear, when you buy a license then you become entitled to certain versions of CrossOver and can use those for as long as you want. (Your ability to use those versions will never end, only your access to support and to new versions is over at the end of your license.)

As for our next version, we have not announced a release date, but CrossOver 12 just came out in December. We generally release a major version around once per year, with minor and "subminor" dot-fixes more often, depending on need. (A bug-fix release is presently in beta and due out, if all goes well, later this month). Our next major release will probably be sometime in late 2013.

thankyou for the info, I'll probably choose the 12 months as I really like my software to be as updated as possible and it should cover a major release.

I see there is a new version of crossover. I am a paid crossover user and I'd like to upgrade but I guess I paid for mine about 4 years ago. I don't recall any renewal notices or anything. Do I pay full price to download the newest version or is there a way to upgrade? Thanks for your help.

Sharon Tucker wrote:

I see there is a new version of crossover. I am a paid crossover
user and I'd like to upgrade but I guess I paid for mine about 4
years ago. I don't recall any renewal notices or anything. Do I
pay full price to download the newest version or is there a way to
upgrade? Thanks for your help.

Sharon, write an email to sales@codeweavers.com, mention that you are a
returning customer looking to upgrade to the latest version.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNU1ISll1ZjhBYVN5eHVIYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9