CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

SunPATH executable loads but bottle doesn't

So since the developer of SunPATH has yet to make a version that works on Lion and higher I have been forced to find another solution. So I turned to the windows version and Wine.

The windows version of SunPATH requires another program/DLLs called Ghostscript to run. Has something to do with printing. I initially tried bottling with WineBottler but it did not have a mechanism for adding an installed program to an existing bottle...at least not that I could see.

Anyhow I turned to Crossover which does have that capability. The two apps were installed. When I would select the SunPATH app from the program menu of crossover, some windows would flash as if they opened but nothing remained open.

However if I navigate to crossover folder in the application support folder and find the actual .exe and double click it opens just fine. Albeit in a strange sort of window. But it works.

This certainly is functional but wondering if there is a way to make the regular link from within crossover work?

Thanks for any and all help.

It doesn't look like a demo is available for this software, so I cannot say why the link
is not working, or how to fix it. But if clicking the .exe file works, then just remove
the original SunPATH links (Programs menu > Reveal in Finder ... Configure menu > Refresh
Programs Menu), and create a new link to the .exe file.

Creating a new link worked just fine. That'll be an adequate solution. Thanks so much!!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYlpiWlJLdUNIcnBYUGJyeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9