CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover can't find .exe file on CD

Hi! I'm running MacOSX 10.7.5 and CrossOver 12.1.1.

I'm trying to install Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction from CD. CrossOver incorrectly detects the disc as World of Warcraft, and fails if I try to let it install it as is. I've tried installing as an "Unknown Application", but CrossOver can't find the .exe file on the disc on the file open dialog.
When I run ls -al from the terminal, all I can see on the disc is:

drwxr-xr-x@ 7 user staff 238 25 Jun 2008 .
drwxrwxrwt@ 4 root admin 136 24 Feb 16:10 ..
-rw-r--r--@ 1 user staff 12292 25 Jun 2008 .DS_Store
-rw-r--r--@ 1 user staff 44460 25 Jun 2008 .VolumeIcon.icns
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 user staff 102 25 Jun 2008 Images
-rwx------@ 1 user staff 497734190 25 Jun 2008 Installer Tome.mpq
drwx------@ 3 user staff 102 25 Jun 2008 Installer.app

(I can't use the .app because stupid Snow Leopard doesn't support PowerPC games.)

Can anyone suggest what the problem is, or a fix or work around? Thanks.

It's kind of disappointing because I bought D2 and CrossOver today just for this when I checked the demos of each ran fine together. :(

You'll need to un-mount/remount the CD in order to specifically mount the windows files. The "Installation Crossover Games Mac" tip at this page (4th Tip from the top) has further information:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=82;tips=1

Thank you! That worked perfectly. :)

I have a similar problem, only I am using the .exe files for both classic Diablo 2 and the expansion that I downloaded from Blizzard's website. It is a totally legitimate copy. Diablo 2 works fine, but the expansion installation won't read it. I assume this is because the installer is looking to a windows directory, but I don't know how to change this or set up such a directory. I don't have a cd to mount, so I am having a difficult time following the instructions which assume that I do.

I have a feeling I am missing an obvious solution or lack of one, but I need help finding it. Any advice?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkZZbnNhVjhCYjI1TjVBdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9