CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to get Foxit Reader 4 to work

I've been using Crossover Mac for a few Windows utilities on my Mac for some time and would like to also be able to use Foxit Reader. I'm running Lion on a Macbook Pro if that matters using Crossover Mac 12.1.2. The issue is that when I try to install, Crossover acts like it's working, but Foxit never appears in the application menu and I'm not seeing it in the Windows Program folder. During installation, the Foxit program opens and seems to behave as expected, but the installation doesn't complete until I close the Foxit window. Crossover then finishes and does not generate any error messages, but I can't start Foxit because it's not in the menu to choose nor can I find it on the "C:" drive. Is there something that can be done to make this work.

I was trying both Foxit Reader 4.0 and 4.1, and got the same results. When Foxit opens during installation, I can open a PDF file and edit it using the Typewriter tool, so it seems to be installing, but it doesn't seem to quite do everything installation should be doing. I hope this makes sense and someone knows what the issue is! I've also tried shutting down Crossover after installation, but still no Foxit in the app menu. I'm posting this here because I couldn't find an application forum....

MichaelR wrote:

I've been using Crossover Mac for a few Windows utilities on my Mac
for some time and would like to also be able to use Foxit Reader.
I'm running Lion on a Macbook Pro if that matters using Crossover
Mac 12.1.2. The issue is that when I try to install, Crossover acts
like it's working, but Foxit never appears in the application menu
and I'm not seeing it in the Windows Program folder. During
installation, the Foxit program opens and seems to behave as
expected, but the installation doesn't complete until I close the
Foxit window. Crossover then finishes and does not generate any
error messages, but I can't start Foxit because it's not in the menu
to choose nor can I find it on the "C:" drive. Is there something
that can be done to make this work.

I was trying both Foxit Reader 4.0 and 4.1, and got the same
results. When Foxit opens during installation, I can open a PDF
file and edit it using the Typewriter tool, so it seems to be
installing, but it doesn't seem to quite do everything installation
should be doing. I hope this makes sense and someone knows what the
issue is! I've also tried shutting down Crossover after
installation, but still no Foxit in the app menu. I'm posting this
here because I couldn't find an application forum....

How about a forum for Foxit Reader 5?

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=9486

I could not find Foxit Reader 4 for download but I did find 5. I downloaded it and installed it and made a tie file that will let use my recipe.

Go to the application page and click the green button that says "Install Foxit Reader 5.x via CrossTie". That should get you up and running!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU1ozenF0NTZhR0ZNM3p4VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9