CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't open CrossOver 12.1.2 trial

Hello!

I've been trying to open CrossOver v12.1.2 trial version for mac with no success. Everytime I do it gives me this error:

Initialization Failure
CrossOver is unable to initialize a critical component.
Failed to import cxutils module into Python. See console for errors.

The program will now exit

I have downloaded it several times, always opening from the Applications folder.
I have googled and searched the forum with no success.

Using Mountain Lion 10.8.3.
I have Python 2.7 and 2.6 installed, from command-line python version is 2.7.

I hope you could help me with this, thanks in advance.

I think you shoul entre a support ticket right away, instead of using the forum for a problem like that.

I can't post to the Mac support ticket system because I am having this issue with the trial version, I wouldn't buy this just for the ticket if the trial version is not working for me.

I think this is affecting to me only because no one is having this same problem, there's no documentation I could follow.

Trial version still have the option to open a ticket! ;)

I didn't suggest the ticket on a whim.

We do actually have a ticket queue you can use even for a trial version: you can send email to 'info@codeweavers.com' and our support folks can help with install problems even for a trial.

It sounds to me like your python setup may be causing trouble somehow. Have you used macports or something else to install python by hand in addition to what shipped with your machine?

I have macports installed, I used to have python26 and python27 but uninstalled both.

Then I installed Python 2.7.4 from python.org.

From terminal 'which python' gives me this path '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python'

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVhHWWdCYXVoc0ZlZkxCRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9