CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How can the clock time adjustment be done, setting of the system time?

Hi,

I want to change simply the clock time in one Windows-bottle.
How can I do this?

Thanks a lot 😊
Wolfgang

Maybe you should open a support ticket for this to get a confirmation from the staff, but I don't think there is any way to change the time for a specific bottle. From my understanding, the bottle is entirely dependant of the system clock.

Crossover is not virtualization, where there is an entirely independant OS running in a virtual machine. It is a way for the underlying OS (be it Mac or Linux) to know what to do with Windows instructions. Therefore, whatever your OS has is what Crossover has, including the time of day.

Of course, you could change the time set for your computer while you're using that bottle, but I'll admit that isn't very practical.

Now I might be wrong, so think of opening a ticket for this one.

J-P Simard wrote:

Now I might be wrong, so think of opening a ticket for this one.

No, it's true: there is no independent clock.

yeah, I even looked in the bottle's config files, just to make sure.

It was a good question, although not many users would need that.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaEd6QXR0VjVnZEpxM3p6TiIsImdkcHIiOjB9