CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver simultaneous with Windows on VMWare Fusion

Is anyone able to confirm that CrossOver for Mac can run happily on a Mac that is simultaneously running an active Win XP on VMWare Fusion 5?

If you mean "confirm" as in having tried, not me. But I have used a Virtualbox VM and Crossover without any problem.

The only real question here, does your system have enough resources to run both simultaniously?

Virtualization, like VMWare, costs a whole lot in resources, since you're running two OS. Crossover, not so much overhead (as it's not an OS), but if your VM is sucking your system dry, you might have "slow downs" or hickups.

Alistair Campbell wrote:

Is anyone able to confirm that CrossOver for Mac can run happily on
a Mac that is simultaneously running an active Win XP on VMWare
Fusion 5?

I believe I used an earlier version but I can confirm that they can run simultaneously on a Mac. However, I completely agree with this:

J-P Simard wrote:

Virtualization, like VMWare, costs a whole lot in resources, since
you're running two OS. Crossover, not so much overhead (as it's not
an OS), but if your VM is sucking your system dry, you might have
"slow downs" or hickups.

As in, they run side by side, they don't touch or interfere with each other. However, you load up VMWare, add in Outlook and then run Outlook via CrossOver to have a basis for comparison and prepare for performance to crawl. It is painful.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMlF4UDJaMkZzZk03TFF6RSIsImdkcHIiOjB9