CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Change decimal separator

Hello,

I am using your CrossOver software to be able to use Sigmaplot 11.0 on my mac. First it does work very well, easy and straight forward, I love it. I just have a little setting issue that is however annoying for my work. The decimal separator is coma (every number looks like 324,21) and I really need a point as separator to respect publication format (meaning 324.21). If I were on windows I would have been supposed to change the windows regional settings, but I am not sure how to achieve this change in CrossOver.

Thank you for your help.

Masch

Locale settings are usually inherited from the host OS but there is a trick to change locales / bottle:
How can I set apps in Crossover to use a different language than the OS?

If just changing the LANG variable does not fix things then there are a few more that can influence the settings you want changed:

What does “LC_ALL=C” do?

The ones that caught my eye are:

LC_NUMERIC
LC_TIME
LC_MONETARY
LC_PAPER

or just use LC_ALL and set it to the proper locale (see first link). I've not played much with this...

What I would do:

1. Bring up a terminal.
  2. Type: "locale" to see what OSX is currently set to.
    Example:
    LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL=
  3. Find the available Locale's for your version of Linux/OSX with "locale -a"
    I usually just stick with UTF-8 ones, as they seem to work for me.
  4. Change your Bottle's locale by editing cxbottle.conf.
    Example:
    [EnvironmentVariables]
    ;;"PROMPT" = "$p$g"
    LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8

For some reason, if I add the quotes it doesn't work but not a big deal.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUXFRWTk4V3h6cnN1d0FzeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9