CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fail on Simulated Windows Reboot

My cousin wants to try CrossOver so he can play Everquest2 on his Mac, so he downloaded the trial version. He can't get EQ2 to install though, and I've tried several times as well. Here's what happens:

1. Click the CrossTie button to install EQ2 (we both tried from the dropdown menu within the unsupported programs list in CrossOver, but it doesn't always install DirectX that way).
  2. Change the install link to direct to the install file he's got on his computer, since the install link shown in CrossOver is wrong and there's no way to redirect it.
  3. Go through the entire install process until it does a "simulated Windows reboot".
  4. At this point we always get an error message that says, "The ‘Installing EverQuest II’ task failed. The installer has exited but EverQuest II does not seem to be installed Continuing with the install may produce unpredictable results."

There is now an Everquest2 bottle, but there is no game installed in it.

Since he had planned to buy CrossOver if it runs the game decently, he submitted a support ticket. That was 4 or 5 days ago now and his trial period is quickly running out without him ever getting to use it.

Anybody experience this issue and have a solution?

Thanks.

I fixed the download link for Everquest II.

I'm not certain why CrossOver is saying the download did not complete (everything is working for me).

I will try to locate the Support Ticket as well.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVp1cjk5cHpjM25ta3ZhcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9