CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Civilization VI

I'm trying to play Civilization VI on my Mac using Steam on CrossOver. But it won't work, it gives me this error:
Is there a way to fix this? My step-dad is not happy that I spent 60 dollars on a game I can't play.

You can ask for a refund.

Steam refund policy

Aspyr have not yet announced (as far as I know) when their Mac port of Civ VI will be available.

Is there no way around it?

Wait for the nice people at Aspyr to finish the Mac port?

Seems the App Store has Civ VI...

Thank you

What do you mean wait for the Mac port? Isn't the point of using Wine/Crossover to not need a port?
Also, it's ported now anyway. I am able to install it natively on Mac using Steam.
However, I want to install it on my Crossover copy of Steam. Why doesn't it allow it? and if other Windows users can install, how can it not at least try with my Wine "Windows" user?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXVQR0I5VkV0cUJlenFCNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9