CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Noob needs help with unsupported app

Hello,

I need help with installing a Windows program on mac using CrossOver17 which I bought today because it was on sale and I didn't notice that it had a free trial option to test with but I also bought it through another website that I don't think mentioned a free trial being available but I should have been more careful but I was just excited to see there was something else out there that was not Bootcamp.

So, I'm trying to install a program from/for Rockford Fosgate called 3sixty.3:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/support/knowledge/#knowledge-base
(You will have to type in 360.3 into search, and you will see software download as first result, sorry)

I've tried doing both the CD install, and trying the dowloaded file install. The RF360.3 program will start and say it's installing and please wait, but that's it. Just stays there forever. And I've successfully installed this program on Bootcamp before and it didn't take forever. So, I was wondering if you had any tips or if someone could try it themselves and help me troubleshoot?

By the way the program is for tuning a Rockford Fosgate digital sound processor thru USB. My old macbook had bootcamp installed, but the SSD hard drive went dead. This other mac my wife doesn't want me taking up a whole bunch of space to install bootcamp just so I can tune the car's stereo, nor does she want me to mess around and kill her computer too with partitioning. I didn't kill with partitions by the way, I don't think. Bootcamp had been on there for years and the computer was mostly used just to rip music CDs and the rare instances where I needed Windows. It just got old. Apple store genius confirmed.

Thank you very much for any help,

Phil

it seems to install A.ok into a win-7 bottle:
but - - you will need to download & install .Net framework 3.5 first,
into that bottle and then run the RF360 installer.

Note: you should specify the RF360 program as "Unlisted application" in the CX software,
then on the select installer TAB - point to your rf360.msi program,
& on the select bottle TAB - choose as win-7 type bottle.

do post, back here, how you went.

Thank you for your help sir.

I could not get it to work. I'm probably doing it in the wrong order or something.

So I create a new bottle and install the .Net framework 3.5 into a Win7 bottle. It downloads and installs a couple of things, and after each install it asks something like 'computer must restart', then i click "restart now" instead of "restart later" and moves on to the next download/install and again i click "restart now" afterwards - I hope that was the right move. Also, I don't seem to notice any computer restart or pause or anything, it just continues on installing and stuff. Normal?

Next I install my RF360.3 program into the .Net framework 3.5 bottle and it installs. The RF360.3 window says install complete, and I click 'close' instead of 'close and launch RF360.3 app'. The Crossover program comes to the forefront of the screen again and finishes up a couple of install things or whatever. Now all looks done.

I click on the RF360.3 shortcut and it doesn't open. I get some error message window, and I close that instead of choose debug list/mode, and I get another window with more error description and with a link for support at code weavers as well as some code page of my error thats really long.

So I'm messing up somehow and I feel like I'm really close. If you could clear this up for me I would be grateful. I've actually tried a few times creating bottles with the .net framework and RF360.3. I just decided I'd take a break and post my experience so far and hopefully receive more tips before I start trying again tomorrow.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaDZQNWszUjlGeDQ2ckN1NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9