CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WineMine.exe virus hit

Tried upgrading to CrossOver 18 today on the Mac, and my virus checker blocks and quarantines winemine.exe for containing a trojan, making CO unusable. Anyone else have this problem? Did this slip through their QA at CodeWeavers?

James Bellanca wrote:

Tried upgrading to CrossOver 18 today on the Mac, and my virus
checker blocks and quarantines winemine.exe for containing a trojan,
making CO unusable. Anyone else have this problem? Did this slip
through their QA at CodeWeavers?

What Virus Checker are you using? I have a few different Virus Checkers on the Mac's here and not one trigger. I am pretty sure it is a false positive.

I have also hit this just now - using McAfee. Using time-machine, I was able to restore my CrossOver 17 executable. So back to working again.

McAfee here as well. It's my work computer, so don't have a way to bypass it at all or white list CO. So have to go back to v17 until they figure out what's wrong with this build.

This is probably a false positive.

Annoying if you can't whitelist - agreed.

Frede Hundewadt wrote:

This is probably a false positive.

Annoying if you can't whitelist - agreed.

It is false positive - 3 (actually 2) out of 67 vendors.
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/56e6e294aac93f1bf5c0ab447c12d2ffebf15e74b2996694d57a9dd5cec7ddf2/detection

If you are running Cylance you are stuck since this is their machine learning engine deciding that it is a problem.
For McAfee -
Go Here to Submit a False Positive

I've tried submitting it as a false positive, but I can't follow their instructions because every email server I try blocks the zipped attachment because they also view it as a security issue. Very frustrating - and makes it sound like it's NOT a false positive.

James Bellanca wrote:

I've tried submitting it as a false positive, but I can't follow
their instructions because every email server I try blocks the
zipped attachment because they also view it as a security issue.
Very frustrating - and makes it sound like it's NOT a false
positive.

No it is a false positive. Virus Total is a web site which takes information from all the anti-virus vendors and puts it in to a single view of who detects what. It is a false positive. I do this (working for one of the companies on that list), so I know a little bit about it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZlhuZHk0eEtOQ2FiY3Z0dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9