CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wine preloader icon shows up in dock after Mojve upgrade

I just upgraded to Mojave and now when I run Quicken 2016 I get a wine preloader icon which shows up in the doc, which did not happen previously. After using Quicken I have to remove the wine preloader from the dock. Is there a way to keep this from showing up in the dock or get it to disappear after quitting Quicken and Crossover?

I think this is more of an Mac OS issue as even MacOS native apps icons remain in the dock after quitting the apps. More so, they remain there even after shutdown and restart. You have to remove them manually.

You can change this setting for all programs by going to Settings -> Dock and unchecking the "Show recent applications in the dock" option. Unfortunately the setting change is universal, and you cannot change the setting for CrossOver specifically. I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Anna

Thank you anna! This really helps!

Thank you Anna

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHM1ZlFwcFVzYkNCWlRDNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9