CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

.net 4.6.2 Crossover 18.1 MacOS 10.13.5

Hi,

I am having issues to install .Net 4.6.2 into a Win 10 64-bit
I was able to install 4.6.1 properly, but application I am going to try needs 4.6.2.
I have used the installation from known applications.
The installer starts and telling me at the beginning it is missing Windows Update.
After going ahead the installation finishes (but quite quickly) and tells it requires a reload.
I choose later and then it tells me installation successful completed.
But Crossover is under the impression it didn't finish yet, telling me it fails and ask to retry, skip this step or abort.
I tried retry and skip which doesn't help.

EDIT: Tried the offline installer directly in the bottle (not Crossover install app) which behaves pretty much the same. Via Crossover the final error code is 105, by the offline installer 194, don't is this helps any.
Any idea?

thx in advance

Hi Andreas,

The .NET 4.6.2 installation relies on a feature that is not implemented yet in wine for Windows 10 bottles. I have filed a bug in our tracker based on your report.

I updated the CrossTie so that .NET 4.6.2 will install into a win10 bottle. In order for you to have the new CrossTie, you will need to have CrossOver set up to automatically download new installation recipes. This setting is located in Preferences -> Installer Assistant.

[s]In the meantime, try this workaround and let me know if it works for you:

Note: this will be easier if you have the CrossOver layout set to show a list of your bottles on the left hand side. Click the 3 wine bottle icon to change the layout.

1) Create a Windows 7 64-bit bottle and install .NET 4.6.2 into it.
2) Open "Wine Configuration" for your bottle - this is shown as an icon in the control panel for your bottle.
3) Change the Windows Version to Windows 10.
4) Right-click on your bottle and choose "Install software into bottle" to install whatever software you were initially trying to run in Windows 10. [/s]

Please let me know if this works for you!

Thanks,
Anna

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHdlQzQySHNXTTZtR1gyNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9