CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver installation failed

Hi all,

I'm new to CrossOver and I've discovered it recently, therefore I hope someone can help me fix this issue I'm experiencing with it at the moment.

I'm trying to install the free trial version in order to decide whether to buy the full one or not. Unfortunately, when trying to install it I get the following error message:

"Failed to run Python script '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/Resources/libcxsetup-v3.py'"

Needless to say, my MacBook Pro runs on the latest version of the Mojave OS. Any idea why I'm getting this error and how it can be fixed?

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies.

Version 2 of Python comes standard on the OS X release — but you are being asked for version 3.

Try this:

https://docs.python-guide.org/starting/install3/osx/

Cheers,
John

Hi,

What is the ouput in terminal when you run "python --version"?

Thanks,
Anna

Hi Anna,

It says "Python 2.7.10". Should I follow John's suggestion?

CrossOver is not requesting Python 3. It uses the Python 2.7 that comes preinstalled with macOS. The "v3" in the error message is just referring to the third version of a particular file in our code.

Please do the following to collect more information:

• Launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
  • In the Terminal window, type the following command and press the Return key:
    /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/MacOS/CrossOver
  • CrossOver will launch behind Terminal. I expect it will still encounter the same error. Dismiss the error dialog. CrossOver will quit.
  • Additional diagnostic information should have been written to the Terminal window. Copy that info and paste it into your reply here.

Thanks and sorry for the nuisance.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOHF4OHZmQ2Z3YjhNWXRzciIsImdkcHIiOjB9