CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Saving launch commands as a launcher

I'm trying to install Fallout 3, but not from steam. After the installer finishes, CrossOver tells me the installation fails, and I chose to skip the missed step. After that, no applications show up in the CrossOver launcher, unlike they did before.

When I installed Fallout 3 (with the same installer) a couple of days ago, the Fallout 3 apps showed up in the CrossOver launcher. Today, they disapeared, and I tried re-installing them. Nothing happened.

Is there any way to be able to launch Fallout 3 again from the CrossOver launcher?

I'd rather use CrossOver instead of Wine 4 (which I'm having a problem with) or Wineskin Winery, because both of those things are finicky.

Select your bottle where Fallout 3 is installed, and double-click on «launch a command...». After that, search for the Fallout 3 executable to fill the blank «command», (There must be a Fallout 3 folder in "Program Files" to find it) and click on «create a shortcut for this command». After few seconds, the fallout launcher should appear in the Crossover bottle.
Hoping it will help you.

Thank you, this worked for Fallout 3, but now I am having the same problem with another app (GTA SA). When I push "Save Command as a Launcher", it does nothing, even after quitting and relaunching CrossOver. When I push run, SA launches and runs perfectly fine, but I can't save it as a launcher. What can I do?

I had the same problem previously with older versions of Crossover and didn’t find the perfect solution. Sometimes, by renaming the bottle with a name you never used before, the launchers appear. Or after, trying to create a launcher after renaming the bottle could work. But it’s not a 100% working solution.

Edit: To rename a bottle, click on it twice in Crossover. (Like you would do for a Mac file)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNGM2RVFZRnRRaEpBQVZ6cSIsImdkcHIiOjB9