CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot create Bottle on macOS Catalina

The error logs:
Can't exec "/Users/mt/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader": Bad CPU type in executable at /Users/mt/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine line 1200.
wine:error: unable to start '/Users/mt/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader': Bad CPU type in executable
setup:error: 'rundll32 win7Install crossover.inf' failed
cxbottle:error: unable to create the 'New Bottle' bottle in '/Users/mt/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/New Bottle'

Not being able to create a bottle may be due to the removal of 32 bit executables starting with macOS Catalina.

I have experimented with both 32 bit-bottles and 64-bit bottles on Catalina. The application I use is 32-bit application but it cannot be run using CrossOver even in a 64-bit bottle.

I have reinstalled Mojave on my MacBook to make the app functional again.

I will continue to explore ways to make it possible to a 32-bit windows exe on 64-bit bottle but I am in a halt right now.

But the 64bit bottle cannot be created yet, same error log as above.

Hi

Crossover does not work with Mac OS Catalina.

Codeweavers are working to solve this.

See: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;msg=212891
and: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;msg=217837

and also their blog: https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/jwhite/2019/10/25/quick-catalina-update-october-25-2019

Regards

This is an interesting issue. As of beta 1 on a fresh install of both macOS 10.15.1 and crossover 19-b1 I am able to create bottles and import bottles from archives. I am also able to run some simple apps and games. Not sure is this is a good or a bad sign for solving your particular issue. In general this seems like a good sign however.

As Caleb said, Crossover 19 is currently in testing and does allow 32-bit Windows apps to run on Catalina.
Crossover 19 should be available soon, with Codeweavers announcing that officially on their blog.

--mike

Yes, I am testing the 2nd beta of crossover 19 and out of 27 32-bit PC games (all of them complex wargames or strategy games) for which I had working bottles in Mojave, 23 (85%) work fine in Catalina.

So I am extremely pleased with the extraordinary work Codeweavers is doing, and certain that a near perfect capability of running 32 bit Windows programs in Catalina will be possible.

Regards

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicHVOMmFSV2JrTHB1Yzk1UCIsImdkcHIiOjB9