CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 19 with MIDI hardware doesn't work

Hello Codeweavers,

I try your product in not standard way as I think. But I supposed that is real perspective direction.
So, a lot of music stuff (synts, samplers, groovebox, etc) had powerPC/32-bit App that doesn't work with modern Mac OS. But also this Apps had Windows analogues.

I try to play with your trials version and find that I could to manage my old music hardware with 32-bits windows apps under your wine-bottles.
For example:
Roland MC 808 groovebox -> USB MIDI cable -> USB3.0 -> unsigned kext and midi driver forces loaded-> HS 10.13.6 -> Crossover 18.5 -> Windows XP bottle -> Native windows 32-bit program from Roland (MC-808E.exe)
KORG SYNTHS -> USB MIDI cable -> USB 3 -> Native Mac OS korg driver -> 10.13.6 -> Crossover 18.5 -> Windows XP wine bottle -> Native Windows 32-bit program from KORG

And WOW ! That works. I can manipulate my hardware, read & receive midi -data! Read presets and change parameters.

But this chain doesn't work with Crossover 19 (beta) under 10.15.1. The bottles can send MIDI Data to Hardware but not receive.
In more simple way an worked midi data chain should be like this:
MIDI HARDWARE -> CATALINA -> CATALINA MIDI DRIVER -> CROSSOVER WINE BOTTLE -> WINDOWS EXE APPLICATION OF SELECTED HARDWARE

Can you investigate this direction of your software and may be take some attention to implement this possibilities in the future.

Thank you.

I can vouch for this too. I have an application (B3 organ by Native Instruments) that could receive "MIDI in" signal on MacOS 10.14 but can't detect the "MIDI in" signal on 10.15. I know that B3 is otherwise functioning well, because it produces sound when I click on the on-screen organ keyboard.

Will "MIDI in" capability be added to Crossover 19 for MacOS in the future?

Just to bump this - did anyone find a solution? I have tried a few applications on Mac OS (Catalina) and they can see the midi input and output ports, but are unable to actually recieve any data on them - they can send data fine.

Thanks!

I have also found that whilst 32 bit Windows programs will run and output MIDI successfully, MIDI input is not received.

MIDI input now works on Crossover 20! Thank you!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUJNSnFSVWYzZlVLYmJUWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9