CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

V 19 early experience

Pro Pinball Big Race and Fantastic Journey run fine on Catalina when imported from v18 archived bottles, but Mac OS gatekeeper prevents a new install. Quicken 2014 imports from archived bottle, but when launched, Mac OS gatekeeper prevents fonts from loading, and Quicken won’t run.

Hi there,

I'm trying to understand what you are seeing, since we are not seeing the same behavior from gatekeeper itself. It sounds like you are unable to create new bottles with CrossOver 19? Do you have any antivirus software installed? I have seen an error creating new bottles that stemmed from Bitdefender deleting some crucial CrossOver 19 files, and I'm wondering if you are seeing a similar or different issue.

Thanks,
Anna

The install completes, when Quicken starts, I get these pop up messages in a black dialog box

"
NewYorkExtraLarge-Black.otf cannot be opened because the developer cannor be verified.
macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

Chrome downloaded this file on June 6, 2019 from developer.apple.com

MOVE TO TRASH. CANCEL
"

Thank you for the details. Have you tried clicking "Cancel"? Other people have reported that this will allow CrossOver to work in many cases.

Yes, in every game I install in crossover 19 in Catalina that kind of message appears always. I just press cancel and the installation proceeds ok.

Regards

I just tried those same Pro Pinball tables (how funny is that!). I reinstalled from scratch since I haven't used Crossover in a long time. With regards to Big Race USA, I have 2 versions. The Kickstarter Edition (a DRM-free version given to supporters of the Timeshock Remaster) seems to install fine but crashes on launch. The error message is:

The instruction at 7bca2e25 referenced memory at 00000008.
The memory could not be read from.

I tried again using an archived disc image of the retail version of the game along with a no-cd patch and the game plays like a champ. The only glaring problem I have is that every time I launch it, I get the Gatekeeper warning that the developer cannot be identified and I should trash it. Clicking cancel then allows me to play, but I get the message every single time. I know how to normally whitelist a Mac app (right-click, then click Open), but that doesn't work here.

As for Fantastic Journey, I only have an archive of my retail copy. It installs fine if I manually select the installer file (not let it auto-select the mounted image) and that gives me the same crash and error as the DRM-free version of BRUSA.

Anna Lasky wrote:

Thank you for the details. Have you tried clicking "Cancel"? Other
people have reported that this will allow CrossOver to work in many
cases.

If I click Cancel on the 40 dialog boxes about fonts, Quicken will run, but I hve to click through those 40 boxes at every launch. If I hit Move to Trash, Quicken launches and the dialog boxes do not appear at next launch. Hovever, the main Quicken window is black, until I resize the Quicken window. Then the proper text appears for a second and then the main window goes black again. The pull down menus are visible and seem to work.

I may have found a workaround. I started the install process, and used. the Quicken 2014 selection from the list of software, and selected the installer.exe. Crossover said that it could not continue because "The install cannot continue because one or more dependencies are not installed, and an installer could not be found automatically."

I chose Edit install options and deleted all entries except Quicken 2014. The install proceeded fine, and quicken launched without Font warnings, and so far has not shown the black window issue.

Nice work! After reading your workaround I realized the issue - GDI+ is listed as a dependency and Microsoft no longer provides a download for it so the dependency doesn't work. Removing the other dependencies was not strictly necessary, but I'm glad it is working :D

Is Quicken 2014 running well for you? If so, I will go ahead and remove the GDI+ dependency so that people won't run into the issue in the future.

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Lasky wrote:

Nice work! After reading your workaround I realized the issue -
GDI+ is listed as a dependency and Microsoft no longer provides a
download for it so the dependency doesn't work. Removing the other
dependencies was not strictly necessary, but I'm glad it is working
:D

Is Quicken 2014 running well for you? If so, I will go ahead and
remove the GDI+ dependency so that people won't run into the issue
in the future.

Thanks,
Anna

It seems to work fine, but I don’t use a lot of advanced features.

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYjdVRU1xS1d4U0MyTmVXZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9