CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 19 not 64-bit clean?

When I opened Crossover 19.0.0.32195 in Mojave (10.14.6), I got the 'This app is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated' message.

The update for Catalina is in progress i guess

These warnings persist on Mojave because CrossOver still uses 32-bit wine with Mojave (since 32-bit support still exists there). If CrossOver used the same wine version for Catalina, it indeed would not work as the warning states. However, if a user is actually on Catalina, CrossOver will switch to the appropriate 32-on-64 bit wine which is compatible with Catalina.

I think the warning on Mojave assumed that the program would try to run in Catalina identically (which wouldn't work), but CrossOver has logic to run differently in Catalina from Mojave (which the Apple warning doesn't know).

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Thanks,
Anna

I would also add that I saw the same thing under Mojave and was hesitant to look at Catalina. But I can confirm in my own experience in a "real world" field test, after cloning my Mojave drive, updating it and doing some testing, that even though Apple and applications like 'Go64' still flag Crossover 19 as not being 64-bit, it works fine with Catalina. Even under Catalina I get those warnings, but it works. I assume it's the unusual nature of the 32-on-64 bit work that "confuses" it since that software was not programmed to expect such a thing.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRzNBSzQ5d2N6M1ZQdWF6WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9