CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trying install Morse code training program

Hi:

It is nice that CrossOver will run on Catalina. I have been evaluating this on a test Catalina system before upgrading my main system. I am a ham and help others learn Morse code. One program we use a lot is RufzXP, which I got running on Mojave and was not easy with .net (did not use CrossOver). Got that to run OK on CrossOver on Catalina, got Morse Runner to run OK on Catalina.

I thought the easiest to get running is a small program called CW Player (http://f6dqm.free.fr/soft/cwplayer/en/cwplayer.htm). It installs with some grief about unknown developer and gets to the final point where it asks to "run program now" then nothing happens.

The above site also contains the program as a zip file. If I store that on my Mac and run the actual exeutable program, CrossOver goes through its gyrations and the program pops up and runs as I would expect. But nothing is saved so I have to go through the install part again to run the program.

I am probably not making a lot of sense. But this is a show-stopper to upgrading my main Mac and using CrossOver. I do not know what else to check.

Joe F.

Same issues here.... I was told by the development team that it ran fine.

I downloaded Crossover to my MacBook Pro with Big Sur. I was able to download both G4FON and CW_Player for use in the Long Island CW Club. It took a bit of reading. However, it does work. If you are struggling you need to make sure that you understand the process. I click on the CrossOver icon and go to the little button at the bottom of the screen on the right hand side. I then give it a name that I want and select the "unlisted application" directly underneath. I did not have any problems after that with G4FON

CW_Player was a little more difficult. I downloaded the Zip DX file instead of the Install DX file. I did the same first step as above. However, I moved the entire folder to my CrossOver folder in Applications. I then found the .exe fill from the within that specific file folder. During the installation it started the program for me. I quit the program to finish the installation process. I then made sure I was in the correct Bottle and ran the run program by selecting the same .exe file from the folder I created in CrossOver. This should create the Launch Icon.

I am not great with computers. So, if I can get this done you can probably do it as well.

it would seem that I've had several Morse Code programs, running for years,

• just learn morse code
  • G4FON Koch Trainer
  • rufzXP
  • Morse Keyer
  • Morse News
    amongst others.

and of course, there is the Learn Morse Code Online web site.

the morse code programs, do seem to be the easiest to get working under CX it would seem.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicE1LWGNtSnFUbkdoUGhjRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9