CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

tdi.sys found by Avast

Have new iMac and within the last week purchased CrossOver 19. Just got an email telling me that even though I didn't purchase upgrades I'm being allowed v19.0.1.

Downloaded and installed and Avast is now telling me that tdi.sys is malicious and has been moved to the Virus Chest. Is this valid? Is this file required for CrossOver to function properly?

Thank for any help.

Jim
Chicago

Hi Jim,

No, that is definitely a false positive -- it sounds like Avast is still incorrectly flagging some CrossOver files. Over time as users have reported the behavior as incorrect, the antivirus software has begun to realize that CrossOver files are not viruses -- we would greatly appreciate it if you would send in a report to Avast to let them know they have flagged the file incorrectly :)

In the meantime, I have written up a tutorial linked here on which folders need to be listed as exceptions in order to protect CrossOver from antivirus software - many of them were actively (and incorrectly) deleting CrossOver files and breaking our software and user bottles.

Thanks,
Anna

Thank you so much for this information. I will definitely send Avast a repost as to what is happening.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibXJ2NlB3aFg5RktyYThkTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9