CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover with Dungeons & Dragons Online on Catalina

Did the trial to see if Crossover was a viable option to play Dungeons & Dragons Online on Catalina. It worked fine with minor issues, so I bought it. The previous DDO installation worked until I changed a graphic setting (directx10) in-game. The game didn't start anymore. So I decided to erase all and reinstall from scratch with 19,1 version. It don't let me install DDO unless I disable the SDK installation. If I disable it the game installs, run the launcher, but when the launcher try to launch the game it (the game) quits.

Any help?

thanks

With CrossOver you can always use the usual Windows PC game tips and tricks.

From DDO support page:
If you enable DX10 mode and now cannot launch the game, you can revert the game's graphics settings at the launcher:

Bring up the game launcher.
Click the button in the row in the upper-right corner that has the single "down-arrow" on it.
Select "Options" and under the "Repair" tab click to select "Reset game display settings" and click OK.
Continue to log into the game and when prompted "Are you sure you want to reset the graphics?" choose "Yes". If you are then prompted to enable DirectX 10/11 graphics, choose "No".

Thanks Stjepan. I already tried these tricks, being a 10-years DDO gamer, none of them worked. FYI, I tried to install Crossover with DDO on another machine and it do the same thing: after pressing "play" DDO client starts then quits with no error messages. I tried various kinds of bottles (W7, W10 WXP), none of them works. It's very strange since with the trial it worked fine...

Sorry :)

There must be a preferences or settings file somewhere in your Mac documents folder or inside bottle if DDO has one?

Other option is to make a new MacOs user just for DDO and clean install everything there but as you wrote it this option doesn't work so game has settings online on server.
Strange

Another thing to try it if launcher is crashing is to first install from CrossOver all of the C++ and .NETs.

I already clean-installed DDO at least 6 times on two different machines, it doesn't work. Codeweavers must have changed something, since 14 days ago everything went fine. The wine32on64_preloader quits as soon as it starts...

We did release a new version (19.0.1) yesterday. If you have access to CrossOver 19.0 (should be available under your downloads -> archived downloads) you can try with 19.0 to see if it was a regression between 19.0 and 19.0.1. If you don't have access to the 19.0 build, I can grant you access to test the theory :)

You do not have to remove your existing install - just make sure that CrossOver 19.0.1 is completely closed before launching 19.0. They will get quite messed up if you have multiple versions open simultaneously.

Anna Lasky wrote:

We did release a new version (19.0.1) yesterday. If you have access
to CrossOver 19.0 (should be available under your downloads ->
archived downloads) you can try with 19.0 to see if it was a
regression between 19.0 and 19.0.1. If you don't have access to the
19.0 build, I can grant you access to test the theory :)

You do not have to remove your existing install - just make sure
that CrossOver 19.0.1 is completely closed before launching 19.0.
They will get quite messed up if you have multiple versions open
simultaneously.

Thanks Anna, I already tried this one even. I had the previous version (19.0) zipped on my HD and launched it while the other was closed, it asked to upgrade the files to work with this version and started. But nothing, it does exactly the same as with the 19.1. I'm puzzled.

SOLVED!

Thanks to Retroeraddo on DDO forums, I'll quote his solution, the resolution thing worked for me. It still ask for authorisation for every single font I have in my font folder, but at least it starts.

"Things you could try : first backup your /username/documents folders called dungeons and dragones etc. Then delete the folder ( this is the preferences folders). Then lower your resolution on your mac screen to 720p ( I use a free app called easy res from the app store) . If all go well you should be able to run the game at 720p resolution which you can adjust after.

IF you tried to go DX10 it wont work ...at least so far. What you can do is edit the userpreferences .ini file ( or delete) with textedit and change the 2 values of directx 10 to dx9.

if the above dont work try backing up the game by going to "c:\ " folder of your bottle and backup SSG/ddo or whichever one you use, Then make a new bottle and copy paste the ssg folder. Then on the new bottle run command DNDlauncher and save it as a launcher in the new bottle. "

same here...i had Boot Camp runnin like a top until the last couple months updates which caused soooo much lag i consulted "support"; they suggested i flush my DNS cache and and forward ports...GAME BROKEN.

i've tried the normal Wine client before i moved to Boot Camp, and it was totally incomplete. now i've tried using CrossOver with every possible installer/bottle combo i can think of; i've even tried installing different versions of Steam prior to installing the game.

gonna try the last suggestion to create a bottle for the DNDlaucher...

F— F— F— F— F— F— F— F— F— F— F— F— !!!

Master01 wrote:

SOLVED!

Thanks to Retroeraddo on DDO forums, I'll quote his solution, the
resolution thing worked for me. It still ask for authorisation for
every single font I have in my font folder, but at least it starts.

"Things you could try : first backup your /username/documents
folders called dungeons and dragones etc. Then delete the folder (
this is the preferences folders). Then lower your resolution on your
mac screen to 720p ( I use a free app called easy res from the app
store) . If all go well you should be able to run the game at 720p
resolution which you can adjust after.

IF you tried to go DX10 it wont work ...at least so far. What you
can do is edit the userpreferences .ini file ( or delete) with
textedit and change the 2 values of directx 10 to dx9.

if the above dont work try backing up the game by going to "c:\ "
folder of your bottle and backup SSG/ddo or whichever one you use,
Then make a new bottle and copy paste the ssg folder. Then on the
new bottle run command DNDlauncher and save it as a launcher in the
new bottle. "

curious what bottle version and installer source you chose for this?

Thanks for the above, I tried this on Lord of the Rings Online (same developers, same engine), and the 720p trick worked for me, after also changing the user preferences to "Windowed". After that I was able to go back to my usual 1080p without a problem.

I've been playing DDO on my MacBook Pro late 2013 for years now, but just upgraded to a 2018. I had a horrible time getting the game to work, but when I combined two different old fixes from deep inside the forums, it worked the first time.

-Install into a new Windows 7 bottle
-Install Neverwinter Nights into your bottle
-Make sure that you uncheck anything that might be trying to get installed along with the game. Or, something like open the game when you finish installing the game.
-Your bottle should now have 3 Arc icons, but just ignore them.
-Now, in the same bottle, install Dungeons and Dragons Online into your bottle.
-You can install in one of two ways.
-Pre-download the PC game from the Dungeons and Dragons download site. Tell Crossover that you want to browse for the installer which should be in your Downloads folder.
-Or, just use the install on the ready made list of programs available for installation.
-This is a long download and installation process. Maybe watch something while it's doing its thing installing?
-If you've done everything right, you'll have two more icons, but this time they are DDO icons.
-Before opening the DDO game, set your screen resolution to 800x600, you will be able to change this as soon as you get into the game.
-Open DDO.

Hopefully, that was helpful.

1 to 13 of 13

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiODRzWUd0dkJNblF2bWJlUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9