CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 20 and BitDefender

As usual a new Crossover version comes with a set of new virus detections included. I'm seeing the following all detected by BitDefender:

/Users/krupagj/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<app>/drive_c/windows/system32/oleview.exe (Trojan.GenericKD.43948986)
/Users/krupagj/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<app>.exe/drive_c/windows/system32/extrac32.exe (Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.11289)
/Users/krupagj/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<app>/drive_c/windows/system32/dxdiag.exe (Gen:Trojan.Heur2.JP.cGW@ayH5RzdG)
/Users/krupagj/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<app>/drive_c/windows/system32/wusa.exe (Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.22953)
/Users/krupagj/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<app>/drive_c/windows/command/start.exe (Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.22173)
/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/wine/wusa.exe (Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.22953)
Users/krupagj/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver 20.0.0.33130/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/wine/wusa.exe (Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.22953)

Hi, I've tried tom install the latest (20) trial version onto my mac and got also a Bitdefender message as follows:
"Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.22953 has been deleted"

How can I proceed? Is that really a virus or just a Bitdefender issue, guess it's an issue coming from my Anti-Virus app
and don't know how to sort this out.

Thanks for your kind efforts and support!

Best regards

Unfortunately, this is a well documented Bitdefender issue, not a virus. We have written up instructions on how to protect CrossOver from Bitdefender here: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/bitdefender

If you have time to report this incorrect Bitdefender behavior to Bitdefender, we would be very grateful :) We have talked to several A/V companies regarding this problem, and they have told us that the only way to "fix" it is for customers to report the virus flag as incorrect and eventually the algorithm will learn.

Thanks,
Anna

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRWhrc1ZYRVNjVm51d3dKMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9