CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Is Codeweavers 20 Ready for Apple Silicon?

New Macs are coming next week. Will any Windows software run under Codeweavers 20 through Rosetta 2?

We certainly hope so. Didn't want to do all that work on Apple Silicon hardware for nothing. 😊

1 1

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if we had to wait for an update, or if Rosetta 2 created compatibility issues with your 32-to-64-bit layer. My MacBook Air arrives next Tuesday or Wednesday. 😀

Apologies if this is a silly question. Is the Apple Silicon the same as the Apple M1 chip? I am deciding between a refurbished 2018 vintage MacMini and a new MacMini and want to make sure CrossOver Mac will work on the new one. It works fine on my current 2014 vintage MacMini.

Thanks, Dale

M1 is the name that Apple has given to it's first Apple Silicon chip. So yes, the same. The new Mac Mini should run CrossOver and appears to be an appealing choice.

Best,
Roger

I have a DTK and tried to run Crossover 20.0.2 and that did fail at creating a bottle. Just wondering if this is expected and a future update will actually bring Silicone support.

The error I get is

setup:error: 'rundll32 win7Install crossover.inf' failed
cxbottle:error: unable to create the 'New Bottle-2' bottle in '/Users/dtk/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/New Bottle-2'

As discussed in another thread, we know that CrossOver does not work with the DTKs but we expect that CrossOver will work on production Apple Silicon devices.

Thanks,
Meredith

We’ll know for sure tomorrow. My MacBook Air should arrive tomorrow mid-day, and I plan to test it out right away. One technical question is will Rosetta 2 always be using JIT translation of Windows apps, or is it able to do a single translation at installation/first run?

I can confirm that Crossover 20 opens on M1. However, Quicken 2020 throws out an error message (I used Migration Assistant). When I attempt to reinstall, it seems to be freeze at installing .Net 2.0.

The latest version of Crossover launches fine on my M1 Mac Mini. Quicken 2014 and Pro Pinball Big Race will not launch

Update: I get the developer beta updates and can confirm that Quicken 2020 installs on the M1 MacBook Air under Big Sur 11.1. I'm still testing how well it actually runs, but there is definitely an improvement.

Hi Alan. Did you ever get a resolution to this? I installed Crossover 2020 and then attempted to install Quicken 2020 but it hangs for me at the .net frameworks 2.0 like it seemed to for you. I have not yet purchased crossover as I was attempting to try it instead of Parallels (which I have been using for a few years but is not ready for M1)

Hi there,

The Big Sur 11.1 beta is needed for Quicken (and other .NET applications) to run on m1.

Thanks,
Meredith

As Alan mentioned, you currently need the Big Sur Beta version to install .net on an M1. I hope this helps :)

I just installed the IOS 11.1 normal release and then Codeweaver 20.0.2. All fine. I then installed Quicken for Windows and it installed on Win7 and Win10 bottles. When I attempt to run the Quicken it hangs up on prompt for QuickenID. The prompt is not complete or does not display properly because you can not enter anything. Quicken is hung at this stage. It works the same on Win7 and Win10 bottles.

I am running MacBookPro with M1 chip and 16 GB of memory. I used migration assistant to move old info from old intel mac.

This is very frustrating.

Using Crossover on BigSur 11.1 on Mac M1. I still can not get Quicken for Windows 2020 after multiple reboots and reinstall. I get a message complaining that I should not be using an administer login (the only login on the system). The critical problem is that I can get thru dialog to login to Quicken ID. My quicken file opens and displays the start screen then checks for update (none found), they tries to login to QuickenID. Sometimes a window opens and it is mostly blank, other times the window is properly displayed but will not accept any input. Closing the window just closes the Quicken file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry Fife wrote:

Using Crossover on BigSur 11.1 on Mac M1. I still can not get
Quicken for Windows 2020 after multiple reboots and reinstall. I
get a message complaining that I should not be using an administer
login (the only login on the system). The critical problem is that
I can get thru dialog to login to Quicken ID. My quicken file opens
and displays the start screen then checks for update (none found),
they tries to login to QuickenID. Sometimes a window opens and it
is mostly blank, other times the window is properly displayed but
will not accept any input. Closing the window just closes the
Quicken file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like that version of quicken will require the wine-staging runas patch set applied in order for this to be installed.

1 to 17 of 17

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYk1Ta3hrVUFXOUZ0YjRYdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9