CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

World of Warcraft 3.3.5 (not the retail version) Wotlk

Hello,

I have the new macbook pro with M1 chip, I tried your software to run
windows game.
So I download world of warcraft wrath of the lich king 3.3.5 version on
warmane.com windows version. (it is not the retail version, but an older one)
So I launch the game through your software and it works, but when I tried
to log in on my account it instantly crashed.

Please help if you can find a solution for it.

Thank you

Hey man.

Am I correct in assuming you're going to use this client to play Project Ascension?
Did you ever get it to work?
I reallly want to play that as well, so seeing the client not working has me worried.

Joachim Berg wrote:

Hey man.

Am I correct in assuming you're going to use this client to play
Project Ascension?
I reallly want to play that as well, so seeing the client not
working has me worried.

Are you running macOS Catalina/Big Sur?

I can't speak for OP, but I am running Catalina on a late2013 27" iMac. Will I encounter the same issue?

Edit: Didn't see you were actually asking me.. But yes - Mac OS Catalina.

Dean Greer wrote:

Joachim Berg wrote:

Hey man.

Am I correct in assuming you're going to use this client to play
Project Ascension?
I reallly want to play that as well, so seeing the client not
working has me worried.

Are you running macOS Catalina/Big Sur?

Not sure if I needed to quote you to give you a notification or what not, but yes. I'm running MacOS Catalina.

I’ll need to download the servers client to check but I do remember this version of WoW was working on another private server, so ether it’s CrossOver-20 related changes broken the client or it includes some custom dll files that might not be compatible in wine32on64

Dean Greer wrote:

I’ll need to download the servers client to check but I do
remember this version of WoW was working on another private server,
so ether it’s CrossOver-20 related changes broken the client or it
includes some custom dll files that might not be compatible in
wine32on64

I would deeply appreciate any digging you could do in order to find out if it still works! Thanks man.

Do you happen to remember what you installed into a bottle to get it running as I’m having issues getting the launcher running.

All I’m getting is a dock icon but the window doesn’t open so unable to download the game client via there launcher.

Dean Greer wrote:

Do you happen to remember what you installed into a bottle to get it
running as I’m having issues getting the launcher running.

All I’m getting is a dock icon but the window doesn’t open so
unable to download the game client via there launcher.

I think we've misunderstood each other. I haven't had it working.
I'm trying to connect to Project Ascension, which is a different private server from Warmane, but they're running a 3.3.5a client as well. Here's a link to their download page, which is really what I need to know if works by using CrossOver.

https://ascension.gg/download - this is a windows client, with a .exe launcher.

Joachim Berg wrote:

I think we've misunderstood each other. I haven't had it working.
I'm trying to connect to Project Ascension, which is a different
private server from Warmane, but they're running a 3.3.5a client as
well. Here's a link to their download page, which is really what I
need to know if works by using CrossOver.

https://ascension.gg/download - this is a windows client, with a
.exe launcher.

I wasn’t sure if you’d gotten the launcher running or not. Yeah I’d grabbed the provided download and tried installing some dependencies but not much luck yet.

I other private servers that skipped a launcher should run without issue

Hey,got same problem on mac mini m1,did you found solution ?

Did anyone get 3.3.5 to work on M1? Have not had a chance to try it myself yet..

Don't care for Ascenion or custom launchers/servers, just the actual game.

Game client opens successfully on a M1 machine but crashes straight after login, here are some screenshots:

Any idea if this is an easy fix? Happy to take any suggestions.

Let me also know if the full crash log helps.

It is a standard, unmodded 32-bit 3.3.5a client.

So does anyone have a solution for that? Or it's a M1 chip compatibility problem. After doing some digging, it seems that #132 error is based on video driver problem.

Anyone got the solution for this issue?

No and I doubt there will be. But if you use Parallels and install windows 10 arm, windows 32bit to arm emulation will let it run.

I know this is a dead thread, but any chance anyone found a work around? As far as I can tell the launcher is 64bit, but the client is 32bit. Not a problem for windows, but WINE craps itself.

I have had similar issues. I can login to the game, but the moment I do so, the game crashes.

EDIT: I just tried the vanilla 3.3.5a client on Warmane, same exact issue. This is not an ascension issue and is an issue with 3.3.5a client. Something with WoTLK does not like the way the GPU is handled for ARM M1 Macs when used in CrossOver. Weirdly though, playing in Parallels has damn near equal performance (FPS wise), but my game has horrible latency on Ascension, where as Warmane is fine. Really confused by a lot of this.

Really would appreciate a solution for this crash, since it’s the only reason I’m paying for Crossover.

I was hoping Wine 7 (Crossover 22 Nightly) would fix this issue with the addition of Wow64, but right now it seems to be the same Illegal Instruction.

Any luck? I'm trying to install warmane

1 to 20 of 20

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZUI4NVNLcFBzTXJOOXNOTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9