CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

White Shading Issue While Playing Phasmophobia

I am using the M1 MacBook Air running Big Sur 11.0.1, and I am running across an issue while playing Phasmophobia through CrossOver. Whenever I approach any objects in the game, there's a white shading that covers the object and you're only able to the the outline instead of the object itself. It's a bit difficult to accurately describe, so I included a link to my post on reddit where I included a video showing what I'm seeing. Is there anyone else also experiencing this? Does anyone know of a way to fix this issue?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Codeweavers_Crossover/comments/k4ei0y/tried_playing_phasmophobia_on_m1_macbook_air/

Hi there,

You're actually getting further in the game than I am on my M1 MBP :/ Did you have to do anything special to get this game running? For me, I get a hang during game load when it reaches 90%.

Thanks,
Meredith

I did not enable DXVK in the Steam bottle and it got past the 90% loading screen. Whenever I enable it is when the same happens to me. I gave up on trying to figure this out and downloaded GeForce Now, which runs seamlessly on my M1 Mac.

Hi Bryant,

Thanks for the info! I was able to reproduce once I disabled DXVK, and I filed a bug so a developer can take a look. I could not reproduce on Intel, so it appears to be Silicon-specific.

Thanks,
Meredith

have y'all found a solution to this?? Im having the same shading issue and would really like to play this game on my Mac

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGZQNUNkS0pBS2t0aGdLcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9