CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

missing culture in .Net installation

Hello World!
New to this, and very excited about it - first post, so please be gentle :)

Got a MBP M1, and trying to install a .Net application from work - only thing stopping me from using my Mac on a daily basis.
The app requires the .Net 4.6.2 Framework installed, and that goes totally fine.
However, when I try to install the application from work, I get an error that it can't install.

The details of the error is
ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.

• [14/12/2020 21:48:33] System.Globalization.CultureNotFoundException
    • Culture is not supported.
      Parameter name: name
      no is an invalid culture identifier.
    • Source: mscorlib
    • Stack trace:
      at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
      at System.Deployment.Application.AssemblyMetaDataImport.ConstructAssemblyName(IntPtr asmMetaPtr, Char[] asmNameBuf, UInt32 asmNameLength, IntPtr pubKeyPtr, UInt32 pubKeyBytes, UInt32 flags)
      at System.Deployment.Application.AssemblyMetaDataImport.ImportIdentity()
      at System.Deployment.Application.AssemblyMetaDataImport.get_Name()
      at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadFromCompLibAssembly(String filePath)
      at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadFromInternalManifestFile(String filePath)
      at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
      at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
      at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.OnModified()
      at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
      at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
      at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
      at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

From this, I think I understand, that there is no Locale set in my Win10 bottle.
Anyone got an idea of how to set this Locale/Language/Culture in the Bottle?

Thanks a lot in advance for any hints or guidance to a newbie is very much appreciated

There is a way to do it from the command line

https://www.top-password.com/blog/tag/change-system-locale-windows-command-line/

You would open the c-drive, add the xml file there (right click the bottle), then use run command?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOVFDQUxrMllHR0tjWDdlNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9