CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Failed to create D3D Surface on Steam (Apple Silicon)

When I invoke Big Picture configuration or Controller setup, this message shows up.
The exact error is: No GPU supporting D3D10_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_1 or higher was found.
Is there a workaround for this problem? I'm on Apple Silicon (Mac mini)

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there's no workaround. This issue has been around for quite awhile, but I filed a new bug to track a potential fix.

As an aside, controllers in general don't seem to be working on M1. It looks like at least part of the issue in due to a Rosetta issue, but we're also investigating to see if there are any changes we need to make in CrossOver.

Thanks,
Meredith

Thanks Meredith, I appreciate your response. 😀
If this helps, my cheap USB controllers work with RetroArch and are using Rosetta 2.
Of course, I don't understand the underlying architecture of RetroArch and CrossOver, so I know this is random thinking 😅

I'm also getting the fatal error
"Error: Failed to create D3D Surface for Window. No GPU supporting D3D10_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_1 or higher was found."

I'm not on a silicon mac.
I'm using a MacBook Pro with an i7.

The controller support works great for my PS4 controller using the Mac version of Steam.

Are there any additional steps needed for PS4 controller support? A few years back I think I had to install additional software to get PS4 controllers working on my windows computer.

I'm not sure how I would go about something like that with CrossOver though. Which would sort of be a dealbreaker for me :/

Hi Nick,

Is your PS4 controller not working with Steam on CrossOver? I've had good luck with it working with no additional steps needed.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNHh6THdyeHhYVllzUUxxdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9