CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

ASIO driver support for low latency audio work

Hi, I was recently messing around with a few guitar amp modellers through crossover and I was wondering if there is any way to enable ASIO driver support/passthrough for an audio interface on a Mac running crossover? I am using a Focusrite Scarlett USB 2.0 interface configured as my input/output on my MacBook Pro m1.

I can’t seem to find a way to enable a low latency mode for audio, with the asio option disabled in the applications sound settings. When using direct audio with any amp modeller there is awful latency or signal distortion with it being pretty unusable without it. I know Linux supports ASIO with wine using JACK and https://github.com/wineasio/wineasio. Upon looking further I came across posts discussing an asio to cordaudio wrapper that FL-Studio previously used when beta testing a scrapped windows-mac wrapper used before moving over to the native app, would something this provide ASIO support if used as a dll override?

Thanks for taking the time to consider my question.

Bump. As long as Codeweavers won’t attend to this extreme oversight I will refrain from extending my subscription. Sorry, but WineASIO support is super overdue and has been requested a zillion times!

Open a support ticket and ask about this but I don’t see. Happening considering jack is a Linux thing.

Jack “can” function on macOS that would mean shipping Jack + it’s dependencies, that’s ignoring that wineasio has a license that’s incompatible with wine according to its developer.

If your running macOS Mojave you could try compiling everything from source yourself it might work but I don’t see it working under wine32on64 without modifications to handle the required trunking, unless the application that requires this is 64Bit on Windows then that could be skipped.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQlgzV3FBV1FlRmNUejZRbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9