CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Heroes III might and magic Apple M1
Hey! I am just trying the trial version to test if Heroes III might and magic III would work. Which it does!
I can install HD and Hota, but those don't open. The launcher opens, but nothing happens when hits the "play" button.
My question is, why is the classic 3 complete GOG works fine, maybe with a bit of lag here and there? and not HD or Hota don't even start? This is really what's keeping me from buying at this time, as I would really pay the money to be able to play my favorite game of all time on the M1.
I have similar problem on Macbook Pro with M1 processor. Crossover (nightly) returned code 29 and HD mod unfortunately didn't start.

Does anyone have any idea how to manage this issue?
Hey I want to ask how do you install heroes of might and magic 3 complete on Mac Pro m1 ? somebody nows how to do it and run ? I tray all ready parallels desktop bat is not compete bole on windows 10 that game whit parallels olso playonmac don't work.. if some one not how to install and run this game on m1 Mac I bee greet full :)
dominik orlik Posted:
playonmac don't work

PlayOnMac only provides WineCX19.0.0 Engine that was based on CrossOver-19.0.0 sources along with not even been optimized for running on M1. PlayOnMac will struggle to play more games on the M1 that’s ignoring the lack of gnutls and other required modern libraries….

Here’s a note I have for this title based on CrossOver-20.0.2;
- Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (Crash in-game)
Hi all,

In our testing of both CrossOver 20 and 21 on M1, we found that Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete game will install and open using the offline installer from GOG. However, the game will quickly hang or crash UNLESS you disable in-game music. We were not able to get the HD mod to work at all.

Best,
Meredith
Hi all, I am the HD mod developer and one of the HotA developers.
I don't have a MacBook with M1. I dont need it. And I have no free funds to buy it. But if I had it, I would be able to start work on the compatibility of HotA and HD mod with CrossOver on M1.
What if I start raising funds to buy a MacBook with M1? Will it be realistic for me to raise funds? Сonsidering that I cannot guarantee a successful result. What do you think?
Hi baratorch,

Thank you for all of your amazing work on the HD mod!  If I could buy you an M1 Macbook, I would.  Your code has been such a positive influence in my life :)

Would it be possible for you to develop on a hosted M1 service?  Scaleways offers a relatively inexpensive hosted M1 mac mini, complete with VNC.  I would happily foot this bill for you if you like.

Shoot me an email at alexander dot ose at gmail dot com if you're interested.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjpudWxsLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNjMxNzI3MzA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia3VuNDg3Nll5U2NVTnR1UiIsImdkcHIiOjB9