CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

BibleWorks version 9 application for latest CrossOver 20.0.4

Hi to all who could help, I've recently purchased the latest version of CrossOver ver 20.0.4 for my iMac, hoping to install the Windows-based software BibleWorks ver 9. However, the CrossOver app only supports Windows software application for BibleWorks (Legacy) [for ver 8 and before] and BibleWorks ver 10 [for 64 bits]. Even though on the CrossOver website (Codeweavers.com) it states that there is the support for BibleWorks ver 9 [for 32 bits], but I couldn't find it. Could anyone help me with this? How to install BibleWorks ver 9 [32 bits sortware] with CrossOver ver 20.0.4 (latest version for 64 bits)? Thanks

Hi there,

It looks like our crosstie (or installation recipe, if you will) was offline. I approved it today, so please try searching for it in CrossOver tomorrow and give it a try.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

It looks like our crosstie (or installation recipe, if you will) was
offline. I approved it today, so please try searching for it in
CrossOver tomorrow and give it a try.

Best,
Meredith

Dear Meredith,
Much thanks for your quick reply and action in approving the BibleWorks 9 as one of the installation applications for the latest CrossOver 20.0.4. I've just installed it and it works perfectly on CrossOver. Being a faithful user of CrossOver for the past many years, your help is again much appreciated.

May I suggest to keep these 3 installation applications (BibleWorks (Legacy) / BibleWorks 9 / BibleWorks 10) for BibleWorks software in your future CrossOver versions too. This is because BibleWorks has ceased to produce any future upgrade version, and the latest version is BibleWorks 10. With BibleWorks being one of the best software program, many of us are still using it and we will continue to introduce it to new users (Christians, students, full-time workers, etc) too. However, we all need these 3 installation applications for CrossOver to continue using BibleWorks ver 8 & 9 & 10 (which we've bought it in the past for old users, and the new users who will purchase it from BibleWorks website).

Hope you will consider the above suggestion. Your good work is deeply appreciated.

Best Regards,
Caleb

Hi Caleb,

Yes, of course! It was just an unfortunate oversight that the BibleWorks 9 version was offline, so please let us know if you ever see that again, and we can fix it.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi Caleb,

Yes, of course! It was just an unfortunate oversight that the
BibleWorks 9 version was offline, so please let us know if you ever
see that again, and we can fix it.

Best,
Meredith

Dear Meredith,

Heartfelt thanks for your assurance. It's truly a great news for all of us in the BibleWorks user community! We will continue to support CrossOver (with yearly subscription for new versions and updates) and encourage more new users to purchase CrossOver in order to install and use the BibleWorks software (for ver 8, 9, and 10) whichever version they could obtain.

Deeply appreciate the assurance and the commitment from all the staffs in CrossOver. Your good works will be remembered and rewarded.

Best Regards,
Caleb

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWVpjZEdFQVdUNFFRdXdWYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9